zondag 12 april 2009

16. Discovering what You Tube has to offer.

My son introduced me to You Tube and up until recently he could be seen on You tube performing a piece by Dvorak on the piano. He was accompanying a friend on the violin and the friend's father had filmed them. Unfortunately, the film has now been removed.
I've heard that some people don't bother to watch tv anymore, they only watch You Tube.
I tend to use it for one big nostalgia trip. I look up tv series that I watched in my youth and I'm always amazed that most of the things I search for are there.
I suppose the library could use this medium for advertising purposes but filming events held in the library would require us to ask the permission of those filmed to broadcast them on You Tube.

Here is a video of my favourite comedy duo, French and Saunders in a situation which might still be recognizable to some.
object width="425" height="344">

2 opmerkingen:

Els zei

Wat een stel zeg, jammer dat er geen geluid bij is (op onze computer). Maar kan me voorstellen dat je een fan bent van hen. Deze Dingen 15 en 16 waren goed te doen he? Ik lees jouw blog ook altijd met interesse en vind dat je heel goede ideƩn hebt, die ook door anderen worden opgepakt. Compliment!

Elly zei

Hi Hero,

Je hebt het weer voor elkaar gekregen!Ja, een hilarisch stel, French & Saunders.
Vandaag zag ik via een van mijn biebse nieuwsbrieven een stukje over de nieuwe bibliotheek van Birmingham, die ontworpen wordt door een Delfts architectenbureau: Mecanoo. Op de site van Birmingham staat een Youtubefilmpje met meer info en ineens zie je tussendoor opnamen van de Oude Delft, zo grappig.