woensdag 6 mei 2009

20.I've been Scrobbling!



'Music makes the world go round' by Laura

I've been playing around on Last.fm via the 23 dingen account because I didn't succeed in logging in myself. I tried all sorts of combinations of user names and passwords but couldn't access it. I wonder what I'm doing wrong?

This is a really nice way to broaden one's knowledge of music of all genres. Again I think some aspects of the site are more useful than others. For example, It's interesting to see on 'Events' where music by a particular composer is to be performed in the near future although I haven't found something in the Netherlands yet. For some jet setting colleagues that shouldn't form a hindrance!
Less useful for me are the comments by other listeners but I was very curious to investigate the profile of one Honarius because his photo' looked suspiciously like President Poetin of Russia. However, he says he comes from the States so I guess he's using an alias.

As I write, I'm listening to "Fantasia on a theme by Thomas Tallis" by Ralph Vaughn Williams which I hope I've 'scrobbled', that is added to the 23 dingen list. I'm still not sure how you create a 'radio.' Music by Delius has now started to play but I'm going to stop now and next time I'm going to experiment with pop!

4 opmerkingen:

Elly zei

Scrobbling: een nieuwe term voor mij. Mooi woord.
23Dingen geeft een tip voor klassieke muziek in een reactie op mijn weblog, bij #20. Misschien ook iets voor jou?
Nog maar 3 Dingen te doen!
Well done, Hero!

amelia zei
Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.
amelia zei

Hoi Hero
Hier een nieuw bericht van mij. Ik ben ook enthousiast over ding 20 via het account van 23dingen. Leuke nieuwe informatie en ideeën en zeker te gebruiken voor de muziekliefhebbers van de bibliotheek

Els zei

Wat schrijf jij toch prachtig Hero. Ik kan me goed vinden in je stukje, jij verwoordt het erg goed en dat mooie Engels...Inderdaad verbreedt het je kennis, dat vind ik ook het leuke hieraan. Jij denkt echt na over alles. Delius is een heel aparte componist he? Wij hebben in het orkest weleens wat van hem gespeeld en het ligt me goed. Ik ben ook enthousiast, maar ik ga de tip van 23Dingen via Elly ook nog eens uitproberen. Tot gauw!