zaterdag 14 maart 2009

What's in a name?



























I was curious to know how 'Delicious' got it's name. Some of my colleagues probably already know but for those who don't, I read the following explanation from the site founder, Joshua Schacter in Wikipedia: "I'd registered the domain when .us opened the registry, and a quick test showed me the six letter suffixes that let me generate the most words. In early discussions, a friend referred to finding good links as 'eating cherries' and the metaphor stuck, I guess."
So the 'US"at the end stands for United States.

I'm reading a lot but not getting much further with using the site yet.

I'm editing this post having watched Rob's video and I've just added a bookmark for BBC learning English to the 23Dingen delicious site. My question is, if lots of other people use the same tags and expand my list of bookmarks, won't I eventually be confronted with too much information again and lose sight of my original findings?

4 opmerkingen:

Els zei

Wat leuk om te weten en prachtige foto! Smaakt naar meer. Wel veel informatie allemaal he? Het wordt me soms weleens teveel. Ik heb dit Ding 10 dan ook niet volledig uitgeplozen. Als we het echt gaan gebruiken verdiep ik me er wel meer in. Groetjes en de lente is coming!

Elly zei

Ha Caroline,
Gaat het nog met je Dingen? Kop op, hè? (cheer up)

Caroline zei

Hello Elly,

Bedankt voor de aanmoediging. Ik loop inderdaad een beetje achter met de dingen vanwege mijn bezoek aan mijn zus in Engeland. Ik heb gisteren de informatie over wiki's gelezen en ik ben van plan om morgen iets te schrijven. Ik volg jullie allemaal nog!

groetjes,
Hero.

Elly zei

Hi Hero, nu had ik per ongeluk je echte naam verklapt, in de vorige reactie. Ik had je van de week wel gemist, maar ik wist niet dat je het land uit was. Ik wil je niet opjagen, want het gaat juist heel goed met je Dingen. Dus doe het vooral rustig aan.